As we continue to practice social distancing in our seating arrangement at Redeemer Church, we are asking you all to register each week for the service you will attend. This is especially important for contact tracing when we do have attendees later test positive for COVID-19. Your “ticket” gives us a record of your attendance and a way to contact you if needed.
Here are links for the May 16 Worship Services:
- Register for the May 16, 9:00am service here. **Masks Required & Children’s Ministry Not Provided
- Register for the May 16, 11:00am service here. **Masks Optional & Nursery and Children’s Ministry Provided.
Please have only one person register for your whole family, to help us avoid duplicates.
In order to minimize close contact and promote social distancing, we have moved to two services, at 9am and 11am. We are asking members and regular attendees to register for the service they will attend. We will also continue to livestream our worship services on Facebook, YouTube, and our website, for those who are not yet able or ready to return to our gatherings.
- Follow the above links (updated weekly) to register for the service you will attend.
- Though this is officially a “ticketed” event, you will not need to bring a ticket. But we do need people to register and have capped attendance for each service. We appreciate your cooperation! When you register, have just one person in your family sign up all in your family who will be attending.
- To promote social distancing, we have opened seating in the balcony.
- We have closed every other row of chairs.
- We encourage members of the same household to sit together and to leave 2-3 seats between families.
Preventive Health Guidelines
- If you or someone in your family have any symptoms of COVID-19 (fever, shortness of breath, or cough), please stay home.
- If you are in a high-risk category for COVID-19 (e.g. senior adults, those with immunodeficiency, asthma, etc.) we encourage you to be cautious, to follow advice from the CDC and medical professionals, and to continue watching services online.
- CDC guidelines and some medical professionals state that wearing a mask can help prevent the spread of COVID-19 from asymptomatic carriers.
- Masks are required at the 9:00am service, but are optional at the 11:00am service.
- We have reconfigured our HVAC system to minimize recirculation of air and have installed HEPA filters, which filter out microbes down to .3 microns.
- We do thorough cleaning before, during, and between services.
- To volunteer for this team, email: email@example.com
Entry points and closed areas
- In order to minimize the areas needing decontamination, the side door entrance, the office wing of the church, the fellowship hall, kitchen, and all class rooms remain closed. Please enter and exit the building via the front doors. Please do not allow children to wander into closed areas.
- Children’s ministry is now available in the 11am service for nursery, preschool, and lower elementary-aged children. If you are a first-time guest, someone at the Welcome Desk (in the lobby) can assist you with registering your child.
- Sunday school classes and fellowship meals have not resumed at this time. We encourage you to stay connected with your small group through Zoom meetings or, where possible, in homes.
- The coffee bar is closed. Feel free to bring your own, as long as your cup or mug has a secure lid.
- We are not distributing bulletins. Please watch the pre-service slides on the screens in the sanctuary and check email for important announcements.
- We are not passing an offering plate. You can give to Redeemer Church using the receptacles in the church lobby, mailing in your check, or using our online giving portal.
- We do not have a greeting time in the service and also encourage people to refrain from shaking hands, giving hugs, etc. Instead, feel free to smile as you greet one another! ☺
- Communion is served with prepackaged wafers and cups available to pick up from a table before you enter the sanctuary.
We know things feel different as we all adjust to this “new normal” in our gatherings. But the deepest realities of our faith have not changed. Christ is risen. God is sovereign. Our Father loves us. The Spirit indwells us, unites us, and works within us. Christ is building his church and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it. Therefore, let us gather with humble confidence, joyful worship, and abounding love for one another.